Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Madness.

Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of summer. As we all know, summer means more sun, more booze, more exposed flesh. An overall happy sexy vibe in the city by the sea. Memorial Day weekend also happens to encompass my birthday almost every year (I used to love my birthday...as the years seem to fly by and the number skyrockets, I am less than thrilled about it). Birthdays do, however, serve as a friendly reminder that we are loved and a validation of our existence. My celebrations began a few days early this year at Kabuki with my South County friends. Last year my Melrose Boys made me a vulgar cake (chocolate, in the shape of male genitalia. amazing). This year, they really outdid themselves. I think they need to get on Ace of Cakes. So wild.



Along with the inappropriate cake, there was plenty of bubbly for yours truly. When Novel Girl came to visit, we decided that champagne goes straight to our va-jay-jays. True story. I kept it classy that night and only had 2 splits. It was a bit awkward walking out of a sushi restaurant with that obsene cake, especially when I tried to feed it to strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis