Friday, March 19, 2010

Only the strong survive.

You kids remember my tall dark and handsome friend who likes to hibernate? I'm going to refer to him as No Romo from here on out. He admits to being shallow and judgmental and I respect that about him. While gchatting today, he showered me with insults. My genius rebuttal was, "it's a good thing I have thick skin. there is no way you are this mean to other girls." Here is the word vomit he spewed as a result of that comment:

No Romo: yeah i am
why do you think i hibernate and don't date much
my dating skills are Darwinian where only the strong survive
but evolution of my personality eventually kills them off and then whoever the next person they date seems so great that they get engaged and married
i'm vital to the dating lives of others
i move the process forward

Wow. At least something positive is born from his sick self-absorption. And I choose to remain friends with him. Does this make me a masochist?

8 comments:

  1. I'll let you in on a little secret. Guys are only nice to girls b/c we want to get in their pants. Since I'm not trying to get into your pants, I have no problem with being up front and honest with you.

    And on another note, it's not so much that I'm self absorbed, it's more that there just isn't anyone out there as good as me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NicD- I think I can related to No Romo as I believe I may be the girl version of this very same breed of "only the strong survive." Also, nobody out there is as good as me; that's why I am your hero!

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction, I am obviously her hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell no BDiamond. I am the one and only hero. This is war.
    Besides, I'm pretty- and being pretty always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not if you live in the Middle East and being pretty means you're raffled off to the highest bidder, which will probably be some old smelly man you would never touch in your life. Then things get so miserable you try to run away and then you either get acid thrown on you, stoned to death, or set on fire.

    Being pretty doesn't always pay... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just saw this. being pretty always pays B. you wouldn't know; because youre not.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis