Saturday, July 17, 2010

Everyday is TrayDay.


I have a great friend that I will refer to as TrayDay here (conspicuous for those who know him, but this post is about celebrating his talent, not publicly exploiting him for wild behavior, as I have been known to do). My history with TrayDay dates back to middle school when we became friends participating in the school talent show and hanging out on the mean streets/parks of Dubbs. He is UBER talented...it's almost nauseating. He painted the walls and ceiling of his bedroom growing up with all his favorite things- Beatles, Blues Brothers, Marley, etc. We became close senior year in high school. I basically forced him to talk to me for hours on school nights on the ol' home phone. We were senior prom dates and he gave me a painting of us for my 18th bday (I still have it and we look like infants). Lucky for me, TrayDay is still in my life and a very good friend to boot. He and AA are probably my favorite homeboys from Mt. Hopeless. I've been harassing TD to send me some of his art work so I can share it with all of you faithful followers. For you lady loves, here's a tidbit on TrayDay: Not only is he incredibly talented, he is also really ridiculously good-looking, funny and single. Feel free to follow him on twit or stalk him on FB. I have included some of his work below and above for your ocular pleasure. He is unbelievable.
This was on the chalkboard in his classroom last year. I worked at the same school and was able to see this firsthand. Real deal Holyfield.


Bottom line, this kid is boss. I dig talent and passion and I feel lucky to have such talented, smart, funny souls in my life.

1 comment:

  1. funny - i followed him on twitter and stalked him on facebook. amazing talent. i am a fan...of you both.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis