Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Virtual connections.

This someecard was posted on No Romo's wall by Novel Girl. Blogging has made me even more virtually obsessed with the interweb, and I am loving the connections that have been made as a result. After the Only the strong survive post, Novel Girl and No Romo engaged in a comment war on my blog that led to gchatting, facebooking and (the more intimate) bbming. They pretty much go back and forth arguing about who is more awesome. I have modest friends, clearly. Successful virtual connection #1.
ME, one of male readers in Chicago, questioned me about the identity of Kitty-Cat... I let him do some detective work on my fb page. Once he figured it out, he friended her (sidenote: the word friend is now not only a noun, but a verb too!) because he wanted to become acquainted with the "star" of my blog. Quality creepin. She accepted and they partook in some friendly fb banter. Successful virtual connection #2.

While these new virtual connections excite me, I find a great deal of comfort in reconnecting with old friends in the digital world. AA (no, he is not a recovering alcoholic) and I have known each other since 5th grade when we were in Project Search together, a program for the gifted and talented (ha!). We even went to the same college. AA is brilliant; in the top ten of our graduating class. He possesses a plethora of knowledge on politics, history, economics- all my strong suits. Pssshhh. Normally, I might feel inferior in the presence of such intelligence. AA, however, also shares my passion for people (interesting, creative, talented, ambitious types), music (think indie and classic rock) and life, so we get along remarkably. Our current connection is virtual. While I remain a resident of the Ocean State, he has moved on to the Big Apple. He is one of my favorite sporadic gchat buddies, and it thrills me to know that he is an avid follower of my blog. He recently sent me a random message saying "i love your blog. such a fun writing style... it's easy to read, candid, assertive, unapologetic. but technically sound." Hellooooo ego boost. Thanks AA. Reviews like those are what keep me blogging :) You should all make a point to check out his blog, it is phenomenal. Today's post will be of particular interest to you daily desk dwellers and fans of internet streaming music.
On a fairly unrelated note, AA sent me this photo of Warwick Mall after discussing the insane flooding little Rhody has been experiencing over the past couple days. This is no joke.

Time to dry up RI. Bring on the sunshine for the holiday weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. love it. love u. im so happy you mentioned me before b. im way more awesome than him. i think i need a cooler name though than novel girl. i like kitty kat, im a little jeal.
    love you hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She mentioned me 2nd because you always save the best for last. If she started with me and then went to you, it would have been too anti-climatic. DUH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh B. tell yourself whatever story you need to make yourself feel better. fact is - i was mentioned first. and its because i'm cooler, shes known me longer and most imporantly i'm better looking. I WIN! DUH!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis