Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blogspiration from Glamour.com



I spent most of my lunch break yesterday reading the March issue of Glamour and was instantly inspired. The single guy columnist finally let us gals know that you boys don't think we're sluts if we sleep with you on the first date (phew). I always struggle with that "rule" in the game... if two people are really connecting, should we refrain from doing what feels right because we are afraid he might think we are a slut? Listen to Jake's words girls...
"I've never once heard a male friend imply that a woman he had sex with on a first date is a slut-even if it was unclear there'd be a second date. And I hope that doesn't sound like a line a guy uses to get in your pants, because it may be some of the clearest evidence that men are evolving. Use it to your advantage."
Thank you Jake, I just might.

Just now, I decided to check out glamour.com to find the link to the letter from Eve Ensler (the woman behind the Vagina Monolgues... if you haven't seen them, you don't know what you're missing) that left me feeling empowered and eager to share with the fabulous women in my life. I then stumbled upon their daily dating blog and was fully amused by "15 love rules for single men from very funny ladies." Hilarious. Gents, you must read. Here is one of my favorites: "5)Try not to mention your ex-girlfriends. Unless they are famous people. Then, only talk about your ex-girlfriends. We will be eager to share a bed with Lady Gaga, no matter how indirectly. We're relentlessly shallow." Fact. Check out the link kids. http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/single-ish/2010/02/earlier-this-week-because-of.html

Ok ladies, here it is. An excerpt from Eve Ensler's lates book, I Am an Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls Around the World. I hope when you read it you feel as empowered as I did. To all the emotional creatures in my life, know that I admire, respect and care about you deeply. I agree with Eve. I love, love, love being a girl. http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/randoEMS/I_AM_AN_EMOTIONAL_CREATURE_excerpt.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis