Friday, February 5, 2010

It's just words...blah, blah, blah...

My wonderfully quirky, well-read friend is a word lover like me. He (inconsistently) sends me WOD texts that include a definition and the word in a sentence. Some of them become part of my vernacular, but my grad school pals can attest to the fact that we all need 15 exposures to a word to truly know it. Some of them are profound and crude at the same time. A few of my personal favorites include yonic (look it up!), contumacious, mendacious, quixotic and obsequious. Here is a sampling of this week's WODs:

Sacrosanct- extremely sacred or inviolable.
He considered her vagina sacrosanct, treating it as he would a deity.
Pernicious- causing insidious harm or ruin; injurious; hurtful.
Claiming prophethood, his preachings were nothing more than the pernicious ravings of a madman.
Inexorable-unalterable; unyielding.
An inexorable reckoning was approaching, he would pay for the things he'd done, and the currency would be blood.

I am a dork and I will say it loud and proud. Feel free to add to my ever expanding vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis