Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hey! You! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!

Student teacher relationships. Very sticky subject.
Rewind to 2005. There was one professor that truly knocked the socks off of some silly hungover sorority girls. His relaxed, quirky vibe and overwhelming wealth of knowledge hooked us from day one (intellectual stimulation is uber sexy). My lovely friend, who I will refer to as novel girl for the sake of anonymity, shared a better connection with him than I did (lucky broad).
Fast forward to present day. The wonderful world of facebook brings old friends and new friends alike together in the digital world. Novel girl and passionate professor reconnect over literature, philosophy and New York. Messages to fb inbox get increasingly flirtatious. Plans to meet in the near future are in place. The curiosity and envy I am feeling about this interaction is a bit unnatural. I am living vicariously through novel girl. No big deal. She is my hero, after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis