Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bitches want to be blogged about.

This week Novel Girl (via AA) turned me on to a commencement speech that was given by David Foster Wallace back in 2005. You should all read it... it really resonated with me and since reading I have become uber cognizant of the way in which I think. Here is a little taste...

"Here is just one example of the total wrongness of something I tend to be automatically sure of: everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe; the realest, and most vivid and important person in existence. We rarely think about this natural, basic sort of self-centeredness because it's so socially repulsive. But it's pretty much the same for all of us. It is our default setting; hard-wired into our boards at birth. Think about it- there is no experience that you have had that you are not the absolute center of. The world as you experience it is there in front of YOU or behind YOU, to the left or right of YOU, on YOUR TV or YOUR monitor. And so on. Other people's thoughts and feelings have to be communicated to you somehow, but your own are so immediate, urgent, real."

Man is brilliant, right? What he speaks of is so profoundly obvious. Novel Girl recently tweeted, "I have a crush on a dead guy," as she is currently elbow deep in a collection of his essays and totally digging his brain (so am I).

I thought this would an appropriate intro to this long-awaited (by some) post. You can look at this one of two ways. 1. I have a few friends that read religiously and have been threatening to stop if I don't blog about them soon (self-centered?). 2. They are faithful followers and I should show my appreciation by communicating THEIR thoughts, feelings, actions and stop being self-centered myself. Either way, welcome a few new characters to Sometimes I spew word vomit...
My mini-me/pseudo-sister, the lovely Rory Rose, is newly single. This barely legal beaut was in a serious relationship for over a year (complete with plans to wed) and was often acting waaayyy more mature than yours truly. I love her dearly, but I had been waiting for her to turn 21 for 5 years and was hoping she would be ready to get wild with me. No such luck- until now. Look out boys, Rory Rose is back on the market...and the prowl. Friday night that cute little vixen spent the evening sipping cocktails at Portside with the super sexy photographer that I developed a crush on back in 04 when my uncle purchased his photos for his shoe store. Harder(how hot is that last name?) is 28 and Rory is concerned about the age gap. We all know men mature at a snail's pace girl, go get him! And be prepared to share the intimate details with me (and my readers).
Now on to my grad school gals. Rewind to day one of my Master's program. I don't know a soul, so I decide to sit next to a pretty Italian girl who would quickly become my new bestie. She (Chefanova) and Charlotte are avid readers and sexual young ladies (they just are a little quieter about it than I). Charlotte is named after the SATC character and has been with her boyfriend for 4 years. She recently confessed that her and the boy want to spice it up and have made a list of all the places they plan to fornicate (they attempted the car sex...at a party...apparently there were too many peeping Toms present). Stay tuned for details as they cross off locations, and perhaps you will be interested in adding some to your own fucket lists.
On to Chefanova, a spring chicken at the ripe young age of 22. She broke things off with her German boyfriend in the spring because she could no longer handle the LDR (long distance relationship). Chefanova's summer confession: She joined an online dating site and met new man candy. This candy happens to be twice her age and a rockstar in the bedroom. Pretty sure she has become addicted to the sweet lovin from Old Man Mafioso. Lately I have had an affinity for the YB's, so I was a little put off at first by the astronomical age difference. The more she tells me about OMM, the more intrigued I become. We've decided that Chefanova is the Samantha of our little grad school clique, and I have a feeling she and Reef Rider would get along famously. Which reminds me, I need to catch up with that broad. She is bound to have stories for me.
Grad gals on our last night of summer hell :)

More updates on these bitches to come, and brace yourself for some other fun stories. I have a week of freedom that involves a city visit... I anticipate wild times in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis