Monday, April 12, 2010

Are we sluts?

"Are we romantically challenged, or are we sluts?"
-My girl, Carrie Bradshaw

What... a weekend. As we rapidly approach another summer, the weekends get increasingly more wild and we seem to revert back to college behavior. Take Friday night, for instance.
Christie's sucked. One drink and then we were off to meet the boys at the Net. They had already headed over to OTR, but we decided to have one there anyway. After Kitty-Cat and I ordered a couple of LARGE ketel sodas, some dumpy d-bag comes up next to me and says, "You two look like old chicks that I don't know what to say to." I did NOT appreciate this comment and proceeded to school him on the ways in which to speak to women. He was clearly intimidated (admitted it), then went on to ask if we were lesbians. "I don't know, maybe it's the black hair." What... a mess.
Across the street at OTR, we run into The Network's boy and his girlfriend Dixie Chick (one of my non-celebrity girl crushes) and KC fills them in on The Network's hard core creepy antics the weekend prior. We love to throw people under the bus. Downstairs in basement haven, we weren't feeling the vibe as much as we usually do and made the rash decision to Newport-ditch our poor friends and hit up another bar for last call.

Once there, Kitty-Cat's long time crush comes barreling over and offers us shots. I got stuck having a heart-to-heart with one of Bear Paws's boys while KC's crush whisked her away to fondle her in the beer cooler. I was completely unaware of this at the time and got hit with the brunt of the angry kids we had ditched while KC was MIA(Chowe and Reef Rider, I will apologize again. Love you for understanding). On Kitty-Cat's way out to meet me in the car, her School Murse, who moonlights as a lead singer in a cover band, stops her and ultimately gets her digits, tells her she's beautiful and suggests a dinner date the following night. Whoa. When it rains, it pours. On a sidenote, the cooler story reminds me of an encounter that Novel Girl told me about 6 months ago with her ex boy toy. They were at a birthday party and decided to slip away to the unisex bathroom.... fast forward a few minutes and in barges a Big Bad Bouncer, looking at them and simply stating, "see me after". NG asks ex boy toy wft that means, and he responds "I'm going to have to pay him off." You would think this scenario couldn't possibly get more awkward, but then ex boy toy goes on to question, "What do you think an appropriate amount is, Novel Girl? 40 bucks?" She shoots him a look of bewilderment. "I don't know. Do you think this is something I have experience with ?"

This past Sunday was another fantastic Sunday Funday. Sun was out at OB's and that meant plenty of thirsty creeps. Reef Rider shows up with the girls out to play. A certain Pompous Ass was a little drunkski and whispered a proposition in her ear. She was feeling a little frisky (per usual) and decided to stealthily make her exit with the promise to meet us at our next stop. Fast forward an hour (or less? the day got away from me) and she entered Pelham with a look of disdain. Pompous Ass and his afternoon delight was an utter disappointment. Reef Rider did, however, get a few solid swigs of Jack in to really send her full speed ahead. As she was chugging from the bottle, PA asked, "Am I that ugly that you need to drink?" Ahhh... you really can't make this stuff up.

For the record, I am going with romantically challenged. There is no male word for slut, and that just seems unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis