Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sunday funday. College style.

Per Reef Rider's request, I am going to share the story of our day last Sunday. It started off fairly uneventful, with a little rest and relaxation. Kitty-Cat and I decided we couldn't let Restaurant Week pass us by without participating, so we opted for lunch at the Brick and invited RR along. My gourmet burger, sweet potato ff and blue moon really hit the spot (original plan was to stay away from adult beverages so I could get school work done, but clearly I lack will power). P.S. My fb status read, "Going out to GL with Kitty cat and Reef Rider." GL in this case meant "get lunch," but as you can imagine, I got plenty of feedback from the dumps with that one. After linner, RR mentioned an adult toy shop downtown and suggested that we check it out. So her "dinner and dildos date" dream (I sweat alliteration) came true, in the form of a late lunch and a trip to Wild Orchid (who knew lower Thames had a hidden sex toy gem?). We had GTs in there. KC and I opted for the modest yet POWERFUL silver bullet (brought me back to my college days. That sex toy party in the great room opened my eyes and mind to battery operated devices), while RR perused the hardcore section and settled on the "Thrusting JackRabbit." This thing has lots of bells and whistles (almost a little frightening), but it was right up Reef Rider's alley. Naturally. She did inform me the next day that it was mildly disappointing. Not powerful enough for her sexual prowess.
Kitty-Cat and I spent the next couple hours on the couch, with bowls of Samoas ice cream and Juno playing. Solid Sunday funday if I do say so myself.


A few other random thoughts...
1. One of my Starbucks girls (yes, I have Starbucks girls. I go there everyday and they love me, mainly because I have no shame in toting a "Team Jacob" water bottle with me daily) convinced me to purchase the Broken Bells album this week, and I have not stopped listening. James Mercer from the Shins and Danger Mouse of Gnarls Barkley. I love me a killer collaboration. Download "The High Road" and "The Ghost Inside." They will not disappoint.
2. I think I have developed an addiction to Cadbury mini eggs. They are going to contribute to my body's demise. I need Easter to be over so I can stop consuming entire bags in one sitting. 3. TGIF means it's OTR time tonight- plus a visit from Egg Monster!! If tonight is anything like the past few weekends there, I will have plenty to blog about tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis