Saturday, March 27, 2010

No Shame in the Game.

Two summers ago, I lived in an apartment above a bar in downtown Newport. Needless to say, this was a drunken summer for me. I had a couple of weak moments and let a relentless Young Boy penetrate my hot pocket. He had been blatantly asking to make out with me since he was 19 or 20 (his father owns a local watering hole that I used to frequent). I gave in that summer (he was 21 at the time). We had two, maybe three, fun nights together and then I was over his immaturity.
This YB still has absolutely NO shame in his game. It is horrifying sometimes. Around the new year, he told me I was on his 2010 "to-do list." I mean, seriously!? It has been TWO YEARS since homeboy has been near my lower manhattan. All of his texts and fb chats do, however, provide me with comic relief. Take, for instance, our correspondence just yesterday...

FB chatting around 8 p.m.
Me: What are you doing tonight?
YB: Pop for a reggae show. Then creepin by your apt.
Me: Pop sounds fun. Maybe we will swing by there before On the Rocks (notice I ignore creepin remark).
YB: I better see you there.

Stream of texts beginning at 1:13 a.m.
YB: what happened to u?
Me: I was at on the rocks. how was pop?
YB: real fun. let's hang.
YB: ?
Me: $ (Kitty-Cat thought that would be a funny response)
YB: what the hell is that
YB: ?
Me: Goodnight
YB: i hate u

Hahahaha. Maybe this will tone down his persistence. Hey Gen-Y boys, newsflash- chivalry is not dead! Stop being such creeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis