Monday, March 29, 2010

Meet J Legs. She is one smitten kitten.

Ok. Mi madre reads my blog. She thinks I'm hilarious but that I often overshare. She was a little perturbed after reading about hot pocket penetration. Sorry ma, I will try to refrain from using that vocab in the future. I don't want to disappoint you... girl. This post will be more PG-13 and less NC-17. To all you dirty birds that follow, I will apologize ahead of time.

I am one lucky little girl. Novel girl says she's lucky she is pretty. I say I'm lucky to be have interesting people in my life who inspire me, make me laugh, and most of all, love me in spite of my word vomit and ridiculous behavior. If I was REALLY lucky, I would live in close proximity to all of them and we could play frequently. Unfortunately, many of my loves are dispersed throughout the concrete jungle, beantown and the windy city, and our contact is limited to social networking, digital chatting, and semi-annual get-togethers. I am eternally grateful for technology.

J Legs is one of my sisters. Yes, believe it or not, I was a sorority girl, and I made lasting friendships amidst the nonsense of living with 30+ girls. She and I share a special bond ;) I am very excited to report that my J Legs is in a fairly new and exciting relationship after being stuck in a rut in her last long-term relationship and finally getting out. Last week she wanted some advice on wearing a lingerie number for her man (yes boys, we like to play dress up. you need to let us know that we are sexy all the time so we do not feel foolish doing so). So the plan was to be wearing this number while cooking dinner for him when he showed up at her place. Plan backfired when his friend joined him in the city and the home cooked meal was postponed. While chatting with J Legs on Sunday and begging for the scoop, she let me know that the "surprise" didn't happen... but something so much better did!!

Her boy dropped the L-BOMB.
"I want to say something and I don't want you to say anything back." -J's Boy
(I tell her I swear this is a line from a movie. She is a hopeless romantic and ate it up anyway.)
J is one smitten kitten. I am thrilled for her.
He went on to say, "You are the most amazing girl I have ever met. I am so lucky."
Cheers to you, J Legs!

What you should take from this story:
While stories of being single and free to mingle are fun and exciting to write about, love stories are uplifting. As cynical as I may seem sometimes, I am still a firm believer in love and the notion that there is someone out there for all of us, and when you find them, you just know.
Love. actually. is. all. around. It makes you silly and crazy happy. It makes people around you happy too. Spread the love kids. If you love someone, let them know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis